Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

gothic - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* gothic > Topics

Subject: being gothic
Replies: 59 Views: 4768
6-<< 2-<

death1df 28.03.08 - 10:33pm
Trademark. Be conforming to a culture you negate what you are. So effectively to be gothic you are to be yourself and be happy being yourself. Accepting who you are. It is nothing to do with how you dress or what you dress in or even what music you like. Gothic music has nothing to do with metal as it was formed out of punk and post-punk, as punk adopted the apathetic we don't care view, the gothic culture was a sympathetic view which took an anti-establishment position against the maggie thatcher up. *

death1df 28.03.08 - 10:40pm
The gothic style is obviously based on people imaginations and being who you are and happily showing others who you are. Most people who conform to the gothic culture have no idea what its about and thus adopt black cloths crucifixes and the like. Which isn't far from inaccurate. As gothic Is creativity and by far the images of darkness influence Creativity far more than the safe and the Known and the 1800's 'gothic' writing in which is a massive influence focused on the greatest unknown. Death. *

death1df 28.03.08 - 10:45pm
While historically gothic is associated with christianity, it also focused on death and the afterlife as a way to scare people into awe to accept the christian afterlife. By embracing and understand of the darkest nature of ourselves allows us to truely understand right and wrong and the truths of human behaviour. 'death is not a glamourous thing, anyone who's experienced death first hand will know this and understand this.' robert smith, the cure. Also in the gothic culture black isn't the colour of gothic *

death1df 28.03.08 - 10:52pm
Black may be the goth colour of choice but the true colour that represents the gothic culture is grey. Its neutral, undecided. Open minded. Or as i like to say green, which is the colourful grey! xD i wear a lot of black clothes and a lot of normal clothes like combats etc... Usually depends on the wash cycle. I do wear make up when i can be bothered usually vibrant colours. Its true that there are now variations of the gothic culture. Cyber/fetish goth, vampyre goth, goth metal etc.. Same mind set tho *

death1df 28.03.08 - 10:57pm
I will also say that there are many people who are gothic and simply don't realise it. Good for them! It means they can continue to be themselves without negative influences. I don't think being gothic is anything to do with darkness. I think its more to saying your mind. Doing what noone else would do, which these days means you should be doing good! Overall i think gothic is celebration of and protection of beauty. True beauty is a rare thing and when it creeps up which can be in anything and anywhere. *

death1df 28.03.08 - 11:02pm
If you are so lucky to witness the sight, smell, sound, sensual perfection that is beauty it'll stay with you for life. If you're unlucky to not realise beauty when it happen's it's because beauty instills jealously, anger and hate in evil beings and they'll try to destroy it or take it away. There is nothing evil in the gothic culture. Only the evil people who call themselves gothic. And the only redemption is to live hating yourself or seek forgiveness. And evil and beauty can be expressed in so many ways *

death1df 28.03.08 - 11:06pm
And so by my personal understanding and of course may purely be my opinion, to be Gothic is to be a Warrior of light, who willingly plunges their heart and soul into darkness to protect the real things that matter. Love and beauty.. And the free speaking and understand of love and beauty may sound gay but its the truth. We all need love in ours lives. Even if we reject and forfeit it. As far as looking gothic, if someone wants to conform to it and desecrate their bodies with piercings and tattoos *

death1df 28.03.08 - 11:10pm
Note what i said about evil trying to take and destroy beauty? It's an obvious an*logy. In general people get tattoos and piercings to make them feel better about themselves for various social or personal reasons. Its that kinda evil that condemns beauty. But as i said also. To be plunged into darkness you need to know what its like... Though you need to acknowledge what you do to learn from it. And i guess all can be redeemed. Though im just preaching now xD feedback or whatever's welcome. *

streusel 10.01.10 - 10:39pm
If you ask me, them being Goth is about two things. First and foremost, you need a dark mindset. Generally, this means some form (and there are many) of melancholy. Secondly, it is about music. There is a broad range of dark styles that don't easily fit in one box - if people genuinely like one of more of them (I'm into dark electro mainly, with a bit of European industrial and gothic rock on the side), then chances are they are Goth. And then there's the dresscode. I don't want to pontificate on that one, but no self-respecting Goth should wear any colours. You don't need to wear make-up or dress outrageously, but black is not optional, in my opinion. *

6-<< 2-<

* gothic Forum

Search:
topics replies

* gothic

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits